“The coast has grown and changed over time but still maintains its green edge, thanks to some hard-fought, now threatened, environmental wins,” she said.
She pledges to:
- Take action on climate change – supporting and encouraging the Sunshine Coast Council to declare a climate emergency.
- Improve community well-being through more green space, accessible active and public transport and affordable housing.
- Support community driven change and a more democratic and transparent Council.
- Ensure residents and industry can access clean energy and utilise low/zero emission technology as we transition to a post carbon economy.
- Protect the natural environment, including water quality and agricultural land for food security.
- Support new and existing businesses to grow and thrive.
- End political donations from big business and the mining industry.
As a Sunshine Coast resident of 37 years, Sue Etheridge believes it’s time for a change, and new people. “I believe that my experience as a small business owner, as well as an active member of the community has given me the experience, knowledge and ability to make a real difference in the Council.”