In 2015 Sunshine Coast Council adopted the Sunshine Coast Social Strategy. Council was the first Queensland local government organisation to develop a Strategy of this kind, outlining our commitment to contribute to a strong community.
Council is now developing a 20 year vision with our community through the Sunshine Coast Community Strategy 2019-2041 (to replace the current Social Strategy).
The Community Strategy will ensure that the Sunshine Coast continues to be a strong community as we grow. Local residents, business and community organisations hold great insights into the challenges and opportunities in our region. Council is now looking to collaborate with our community and our stakeholders to identify actions that will make us an even stronger community – by working together.
In late 2018 during the first phase of community engagement, we asked people what a strong community means to them. You can read more about this in “Past community engagement”.
Shaped by the feedback received, the draft Community Strategy outlines a framework for how our community will advance their aspirations for a strong community through to 2041. Specifically, the purpose of the Community Strategy will be to:
- strengthen connection, inclusion and opportunity for all people in our communities
- build the capacity of the community to respond to local issues
- make sure that community places and spaces are inclusive, accessible, adaptable and meet the needs of people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds
- empower the community to live healthy, active and engaged lifestyles
- nurture creativity and innovation
- work with our community (and our partners) to measure outcomes and report progress regularly.
Have your say
UPDATE: THE ONLINE SURVEY IS NOW CLOSED.
Council is now inviting you to take a look at the draft Sunshine Coast Community Strategy 2019-2041 [PDF], and to let us know your ideas and feedback to help support a strong Sunshine Coast community over the next 20 years.
You can have your say by:
- Completing the online survey, and adding your ideas for action to achieve the desired outcomes
- Providing open feedback on the draft Strategy to improve its final directions.